North Star Library Goals
Develop and implement lesson plans based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills and Standards for the 21st Century Learner
Teach information literacy, information technology, and student use of library materials
Promote collaborative instruction with teachers to develop aligned lessons and activities for the students
Maintain a balanced library collection by evaluating and selecting materials based on established guidelines North Star Library Policies
North Star Library Policies
- Only 5 students will be allowed at a time per class section for open check-out.
- Circulation Per Grade Level: K - 1st = 1 book 2nd = 2 books 3rd - 5th = 3 books
- Checkouts are for 2 weeks.
- Books may be renewed 1 time.
- Overdue Books: $0.05 per school day for each book / $5.00 maximum fine per item
- Lost & Damaged Library Materials: Students will be charged the replacement cost.
- Library Responsibilities: Respect yourself, others, your library, and the library materials at all times. Food and drinks must be kept outside the library. Book bags must be left in the designated areas.